Human Resources Administrator
Orbis Engineering Field Services Ltd. is seeking a suitable candidate for a Human Resources Administrator with minimum 2 years of experience in an HR capacity.
The Human Resources Administrator is accountable for the implementation of human resources programs and services that will support the organization’s business objectives.
Recruitment & On-boarding
- Coordinate and participate in all recruitment activities (resume review, pre-screening, interviewing and job offer).
- Ensure employees are properly on-boarded (including coordination of pre-employment testing).
- Ensure compliance with legislation throughout recruitment process.
- Organize and attend recruitment fairs at educational institutions.
Training & Organizational Development
- Work with HR Manager to develop, source and implement training programs that meet the assessed needs of the employees and company.
- Job description maintenance for both managers and employees.
- Correspond with clients regarding confidential information of employees (site clearances).
- Facilitate effective communication with employees.
- Maintain a pulse on employee issues/concerns and provide recommended actions to HR Manager.
- Work with management team to maintain positive morale and implement programs which cultivate a positive and engaged workforce.
- Personnel policy review, maintenance and implementation.
Performance Reviews, Compensation & Benefits
- Responsible for coordinating an effective three month and annual review process.
- Complete external salary surveys and annual review of Orbis salary scale.
- Responsible for overall health benefit program administration.
Drug & Alcohol Policy
- Ensure drug and alcohol policy meets the needs of the business, its customers and all legal and human rights requirements.
- Ensure company and employees are following Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Responsible for manager training, employee awareness and framework of policy.
- Work with Admin team to organize community initiatives, social events for staff and external events for clients.
Education and Experience
- Human Resources Diploma or Undergraduate Degree.
- At least 2+ years working experience in similar capacity.
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to support, implement and initiate change.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Able to work with a variety of personality types.
- Thrive in a flexible, fast paced and dynamic organization.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and self-initiative.
- Values and respects confidentiality.
- Eager to help and support others in their work.
- Pays attention to the details.
- Always looking for ways to improve themselves and their work.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada (a copy of a valid work permit may be required).
- Willingness to work overtime.
- Occasional travel to other office locations (Calgary, Vancouver).
- Driver’s license.
The Human Resources Administrator will spend all of the time in an office environment. This position will be based in Edmonton and will report to the Human Resources Manager.
Salary will be compensated based on experience and qualifications of successful candidate. Orbis offers an excellent healthcare benefit package, employee RRSP matching contribution program, as well as a competitive salary. Employees start with 3 weeks’ vacation, plus annual personal days.
Application Deadline is Friday May 23, 2014.